🕒 2 minute learn
The Tenting and Caravanning Membership might be opening plenty of campsites for longer this winter together with two that can allow campers to pitch-up any time of 12 months.
In complete, 30 Membership Websites might be open past the normal tenting season, which means individuals can nonetheless take pleasure in a much-needed break effectively into the autumn and winter, and over the Christmas interval.
Two Membership Websites – Derwentwater in the Lake District and Salisbury in Wiltshire – will now be a part of 15 others which might be open to campers all 12 months spherical. As well as, 4 websites that might usually shut by the start of November are having their season prolonged.
These websites are Barnard Fort in County Durham, Cannock Chase in Staffordshire, Kendal simply outdoors the Lake District Nationwide Park, and Horsley in Surrey. In the meantime, Lynton in Devon is having its season prolonged till 31 October.
The Membership’s Simon McGrath stated: “Autumn and winter generally is a improbable time to take pleasure in your caravan, motorhome and even tent and we consider many individuals might be eager to proceed to benefit from the recent air on a tenting break, even because the nights attract.
the massive reputation of pitching up on a campsite, we wished to supply
campers extra alternative of places later within the 12 months by extending the
season of plenty of our websites.”
Pitches can be found this autumn and winter from as little as £15.10 per evening, primarily based on two adults sharing a pitch.
The Membership has 13 Membership Websites with prolonged opening this autumn/winter 2021
- Barnard Fort, County Durham: Closes for the season on 30 November 2021
- Bellingham, Northumberland: Closes 4 January 2022
- Cannock Chase: Closes 30 November 2021
- Cheddar, Somerset: Closes 4 January
- Horsley, Surrey: Closes 30 November 2021
- Kendal, Lake District: Closes 30 November 2021
- Lynton, Devon: Closes 31 October 2021
- Polstead, Suffolk: Closes 7 January
- Sandringham, Norfolk: Closes 4 January
- Scone, Perthshire: Closes 5 January
- Winchcombe, Gloucestershire: Closes 4 January
- Windermere, Lake District: Closes 14 January
- Wolverley, Worcestershire: Closes 4 January
An additional 17 Membership Websites stay open year-round together with 5 Tenting within the Forest websites.
The Membership has a wealth of useful data and recommendation on its web site to assist individuals take advantage of caravanning and motorhoming through the autumn and winter months. Find out more here.